Aluminum Alloys Die Casting
The parts made of aluminum die castings are light in weight, maintain a high working temperature, and have excellent corrosion resistance. Aluminum has a wide range of uses. Thin walls can be used to maintain high dimensional stability, and it can be used in almost any industry. Aluminum die casting is considered a non-consumable technology that can be reused to produce different shapes, sizes, and thicknesses of aluminum alloys for die casting. Besides, the aluminum die casting process can accurately produce aesthetically pleasing parts in various shapes.
Aluminum Alloy Characteristics
- High operating temperature
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Good strength and hardness
- Good stiffness and strength to weight ratio
- Excellent EMI and RFI shielding performance
- Excellent thermal conductivity
- High conductivity
- Good finishing characteristics
- Fully recyclable
A380 Aluminum Alloy
The most popular alloy used for aluminum die casting is A380. A380 is the best combination of physical and mechanical properties of castings. The main advantages are lightweight, strong castings, and corrosion resistance at high temperatures. A380 can maintain good dimensional stability even in complex shapes and thin walls and has high electrical conductivity and thermal conductivity.
A383 Aluminum Alloy
Another option for the die casting machine is to use A383 aluminum alloy. This alloy is usually only used when you want to form complex parts and require special die filling characteristics. Although it does not have all the characteristics of A380, it has higher strength at high temperatures and is less likely to crack under heating.
A360 Aluminum Alloy
A360 is more difficult to cast than A380, which why many die casting machines avoid using it. However, it does provide higher high-temperature strength, better ductility, and higher corrosion resistance, so you may want to consider using this alloy according to your casting capabilities and needs.
A413 Aluminum Alloy
Alloy 413 has excellent pressure tightness, making it the choice of products such as hydraulic cylinders and pressure vessels. Its casting properties make it useful for very complex components.
Aluminum Die Casting Application
- Aluminum castings improve automobile fuel efficiency by helping to save weight requirements.
- Aluminum is used in a wide range of network and infrastructure equipment in the telecommunications and computing industries because of the need for heat dissipation in RF filter boxes and enclosures.
- In handheld devices, aluminum castings provide EMI/RFI shielding, rigidity, and durability with minimal weight.
- Because aluminum has excellent electrical properties and shielding properties, die-cast aluminum is an ideal choice for electronic connectors and housings even in high-temperature environments.
Our products have a wide range of applications and advantages. Ryan is a professional manufacturer of die-casting. To learn more about the benefits of using Ryan die-casting parts, please contact us immediately.