Die casting mold is important to process equipment in die casting production. The molten metal is cooled and solidified in the die-casting mold, and finally, a die-cast part is formed. The shape, size, quality of die-casting parts, and die-casting production are closely related to die-casting molds, so it is very important to design die-casting molds correctly and reasonably.
The Basic Structure of Die Casting Mold
The commonly used die casting mold is composed of two half molds, called a fixed mold and movable mold. There are also more complex die casting molds, with more than two halves.
The functions of the components of the die casting mold are as follows:
- Straight sprue: connected to the pressure chamber or the runner, including the sprue bushing and the split cone.
- Gating system: The channel through which alloy liquid enters the cavity, including internal runners, cross runners, and straight runners.
- Cavity: The geometry of the die casting is formed on the insert.
- Core-pulling mechanism: complete the extraction and insertion of the movable core, including slides, sliders, cylinders, and slashes.
- Exhaust system: exhaust gas and storage of cold metal residues, etc.
- Temperature control system: Control the temperature of the die-casting mold, including cooling water pipes and heating oil pipes.
- Ejection mechanism: Eject the die casting from the cavity, including ejector rods.
- Movable mold frame: connects and fixes the movable mold components, including cover plates, support plates, etc.
Design of Die Casting Mold
The following points should be paid attention to when designing die casting mold:
- The advanced and simple structure shall be adopted as much as possible to ensure stable and reliable operation and convenient for daily maintenance and repair.
- The modifiability of the gating system should be considered, and necessary modifications can be made during the debugging process.
- Reasonably select various tolerances, scales, and machining allowances to ensure reliable mold fit and required to die casting accuracy.
- Choose suitable mold materials and reliable heat treatment technology to ensure the service life of die-casting molds.
- It should have sufficient rigidity and strength to withstand the clamping pressure and expansion force without deformation during the die-casting production process.
- Use standardized die-casting mold parts as much as possible to improve the economy and interchangeability.
Ryan is a professional manufacturer and factory of aluminum die casting, zinc die casting, contact us for your casting solutions now!